Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another victory for the "Ignore it till you can afford it" school of automobile maintenance

Something happened to my car between the time I parked it in the garage last night, and when I backed it out to drive to work this morning. I could feel the difference before I'd driven two car lengths.

My car, for no apparent reason, seems to have...gotten over itself.

For the first time since I bought it (going on six months ago), the car moved forward in direct proportion to how hard I stepped on the gas.

And then there's this other thing, where I'm driving along a flat stretch and don't have to continually accelerate. That was pretty cool. I didn't even realize I was missing out on that one.

I'm a little perplexed, but the car is cordially invited to keep it up.

5 comments:

Steve November 12, 2008 9:06 PM  

Maybe my Mom finally stopped haunting YOUR car.
The woman really needs to get an after-life

Brave Sir Robin November 13, 2008 8:58 AM  

My car always drive much, much better in colder weather.

??????

Anonymous November 13, 2008 11:09 AM  

Can you make my car stop making that noise?

Brave Sir Robin November 13, 2008 4:02 PM  

Yeah, but I charge extra for that.

The Cunning Runt November 13, 2008 8:37 PM  

You've obviously been visited by Greasy the Car Fairy.

From experience I can tell you that it's wise to leave a tithing of cookies on the garage floor, just so he doesn't un-fix it.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP