Tuesday, January 08, 2008

When the kids are away, the grownups play

Okay.

I can't say I'm at all surprised, but let it be known from this day forward...


Martinis are a bad, bad thing.

Why? Why would anybody do that to perfectly decent alcohol? Mix it with vegetables and stuff? For real, people. Be nice to the alcohol.

You see that smile? That's a "haven't tried it yet" smile. That's what that is.

Okay. Moving on.

We had a lovely day today. A North Carolina day with some of Lisa's friends. We had lunch at a diner, visited a pottery (including a fascinating behind the scenes tour), a cemetery, a covered bridge and some beautiful scenic roads between the stops.






Also? Look! If I ever write a book I have an author photo all ready to go.

7 comments:

Steve January 08, 2008 9:11 PM  

hmm guess I should have checked first lol

splord January 09, 2008 11:12 AM  

Why would anybody do that to perfectly decent alcohol?

There is a fallacy in the quoted question. A Martini is composed primarily of gin.

Gin is not "perfectly good alcohol". Blech.

Vodka is perfectly. good. alcohol.

YMMV


Excellent pics, and I hope to someday add to my book collection with a book that has the last one on the cover!

Anonymous January 09, 2008 4:16 PM  

so how did you like our country fertilizer? dvon wants to know...
ps - watch out for jess maness' ghostly arm!!!
pps - mr gourdhead has been abducted...is being held for ransom...start saving up now!!

Anonymous January 09, 2008 4:20 PM  

martinis are bad but margaritas are the best!!!

Brave Sir Robin January 09, 2008 4:23 PM  

I happen to love martinis.

And yes Phydeaux, a martini is made with gin. (Bombay Sapphire please),

but a dirty martini with Chopin vodka is a perfectly lovely thing.

So Jenn, where yours vodka or gin?

Brave Sir Robin January 09, 2008 4:24 PM  

were yours.

I'm not stupid, just an awful typist.

theotherbear January 09, 2008 10:35 PM  

I once decided I had never tried a martini and should. I went and bought glasses, all the ingredients, and got myself ready. I was so offended when hubby said he wouldn't have one. After I tasted it and spat it out he said "Hand the glass over. THAT is why I told you to only make one."

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP