Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Past Life Experience

I spent the day cleaning out a lot of items I had stored at Mom & Dad's house, which it is clear we won't be needing in the near future, and which were taking up far too much space for the value they had.

There was lots to get rid of, and a few things to keep. And something nice to share as well.

This is my wee little baby self, back in 1969.


This is my grandmother (Dad's mother) in the early 1930s. She was born in 1900, so in this picture she was a couple years younger than I am now.


Here she is at age 12. I can see myself in her here. (Click any of these for a much larger view.)


She wrote on the back of this photo: "May be my father's group before his marriage to my mother. W.E. Boyd played banjo. Don't recognize this." Still. Cool picture, no?


There is no date on this photo, but the folks are identified as Andrew Boyd and Family: Ellen Adeline Boyd, Andrew Beebe Boyd (Uncle Kit), William Edwin Boyd, Adeline Boyd Leerert (Aunt Tat), and Billy Us Dog.


And my favorite one is this. My great grandfather, William Edwin Boyd, at the age of 22 months. This photo is carefully labeled on the back with his name, birth date (December 4, 1861) and the date of the photo (October 9, 1863). This formal portrait was taken in sepia, of course, and carefully painted to show his exquisite pink dress and his luscious golden curls. I love it.

5 comments:

splord January 23, 2008 12:17 AM  

Fantastic!

splord January 23, 2008 12:24 AM  

Also, thanks. I have a photo of (some) of my great-grandparents that I need to post.

Anonymous January 23, 2008 11:18 AM  

That's just wrong.

PortlyDyke January 23, 2008 4:13 PM  

Such great photos!

Steve January 23, 2008 7:31 PM  

priceless photos

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP