Friday, January 18, 2008

Come peek into my psyche

Last night's dream:

I'm sitting outside a house, on some steps near a street, with a friend - maybe an old high school friend? We have walked out of a party or gathering in the house behind us.

He tells me to look at the moon, which is rising. It is deep orange, just coming visible through the trees. It's rising really fast. Visibly fast. Impossibly fast.

It comes up, gets larger than the moon could ever look - say, a bit larger than a hot air balloon at pretty close range. It is orange, glowing, with shreds of mist or cloud, maybe smoke surrounding it.

It moves, at this too-fast-for-a-moonrise pace, away to the left, kind of following the street. It gets down there a ways (toward a more populated part of town), then comes back toward us.

When it gets about even with us, at treetop level over the street in front of us, it begins to change, kind burning out. There is no heat or sound, but I suggest we move away a bit, and we do.

It burns out, settles to the ground. It's smaller now, about chest high. Gray, maybe still some fading color or light. There are one or two people near it, but just interested, not panicked.

A boy is near it, looking at a large eagle that is somehow a product of the whole event. The eagle is conscious, possibly injured, or maybe just weak. It is quiet and the boy is feeding it something. He offers me a piece of whatever it is to feed to the eagle, which takes it gently.

The word "phoenix" does not occur to me at any point but, duhhhh.


....No idea what any of it means, but there you have it.

And now I'm off to my quilt retreat. I'll be back Monday. I'll post from there if I can, but the Blog365 rules totally say that it's okay to write each day and then post when one is back on the grid, so it could also go that way.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous January 18, 2008 1:49 PM  

Hmmm. Maybe a rerun of the Stephensville, Texas, UFO sightings a few days ago.

A new star of Bethlehem?

Hmmm. :)

The Cunning Runt January 21, 2008 9:47 AM  

I had a real weird dream last night, the first I've remembered in a while, but nowhere NEAR as cool as that!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP