Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Funny thing...there's no funny things

I'd like to make some big, clever April 1 post, but I'm just not seeing it.

There was this big virus scare that I was sure was an April Fool's thing, and now I'm not really sure whether it was or not, but nothing in particular happened (that I'm aware of) as a result of it - which I suppose is a good thing.

I had little worms in my fruit at lunch today. They jumped surprisingly high for little legless things. But, they were real, so no joke there.

I asked my child to stop doing her homework and she wouldn't. No joke.

And, of course, when I try to think of outrageous things I could claim were true, my mind tends to come up with things that I consider outrageous, but of which I've already been accused or suspected, and to be honest, I didn't find that funny at all.

I guess it's just an unfunny time right now. Please take a moment to go give Steve some lovin' and I'm sure there'll be plenty of funny to be had another time.

2 comments:

Dad April 02, 2009 4:32 AM  

The Conficker worm is real. CBS did a major segment about it on Sunday night's "60 Minutes" program that you can watch through the Symantec website (below.) Both Symantec (the Norton people) and McAfee (which is what I use) minimize it. (http://www.symantec.com/norton/theme.jsp?themeid=conficker_worm&inid=us_ghp_link_conficker_worm#risk)

Yesterday morning one of the support staff people at hospice told me that I shouldn't turn on my computer because of a virus that would ruin it. I responded seriously (citing the above) but then she started to laugh and said she was trying (obviously unsuccessfully) to April fool me!

Steve April 02, 2009 11:10 PM  

thanks for the love Babe!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP