Tuesday, April 28, 2009

As long as I don't have to return the fax,* it's all good.

So, back in November I posted about residency cards and renewals and stuff because I thought my card was long-expired and it turned out there was an exception for my date range and I didn't actually have to renew it till April 2009.

It being the twilight of April 2009, I called today to get an appointment to renew. The nice lady on the phone asked for my name, my card number, and the previous expiration date.

She told me what to bring to the appointment, how much I would have to pay, and where to deposit said amount. I'm always up for not having to spend hours in line at Immigration, and was correspondingly pleased to hear that I would be able to renew for a five-year period this time.

So, finally she gets around to telling me the date and time of my renewal appointment. It's in June.

Now, that really isn't that shocking. This is a developing country after all; they do love their bureaucracy. And once I have the appointment, that's close enough for government work and my current card will remain valid as long as I also present the letter (which they faxed me) stating that I have a renewal appointment. So I don't really care when it is; I've done my part and I'm legal till they say it's time to go stand in lines and stuff.

Oh, did I mention? The appointment is in June of next year. I love it.



* See Christina for more on returning faxes.

2 comments:

Anonymous April 29, 2009 7:52 AM  

See, now you put in an envelope and mail it back to them. Because now *you* have the original. Or something.

I don't know.

Brave Sir Robin April 29, 2009 3:03 PM  

awesome.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP