Saturday, April 25, 2009

And now a word from our sponsor

Hello, my name is Loren but I'm more commonly known as "Bird," "The Bird" and "The Parrot" around these parts.

Our old pal Steve has set the stage for a veritable revolution in blogification, and let it not be said that I didn't play along.

Many of you may know me as the quiet parrot in the background of some of Jen's posts.

That merely proves that you don't know me, what with using "quiet" and "parrot" in the same sentence, there. Don't think I didn't notice. We parrots, we are not known for our tolerance, and you'd do well not to forget it.

In any case, I've been coerced er, obligated, um, elected...nay, privileged to provide today's commentary, as not a lot has actually taken place this fine day, and Jen is busy having a delicious dinner and a beer, thinking she's going to beat Bob at cards (and one day she will, mark my words), and getting ready to watch a movie. And now I have.

Enjoy your weekend and, whatever you do, don't forget the peanuts.

Thank you and good night.

4 comments:

kkryno April 26, 2009 4:14 PM  

I am the lucky roomie to a 15 year old Senegal Parrot named Yani. I received her as a gift one Christmas from the vet I worked for back home. He and his wife were worried that she was unhappy with all of the activity at the clinic; and see also became very attatched to me (and I to her!)

I enjoy her most of the time, but with our daylight hours growing by leaps and bounds; she'll have much more squawk-time! I guess I'll have to break out the ear-plugs.

kkryno April 26, 2009 4:15 PM  

Umm; see=she. Oops!

Steve April 26, 2009 7:28 PM  

as always I deny any wrong doing in this!

The Cunning Runt April 27, 2009 8:39 PM  

Loren, you're a parrot after my own heart. Succinct!

My bird doesn't talk at all - it just hangs around.

Go figure.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP