Saturday, July 26, 2008

Weekend project

There's a quilt show coming up. I thought I missed my chance to participate, but then they pushed the deadline back by a month, so I'm working on an entry this weekend.

The show is called Tela Contra Tela: ¿Quien Soy Yo? which means something like "Cloth Against Cloth: Who Am I?" Very artsy :)

I had an idea a few days ago, and today I picked out fabrics:


These include fabrics I love, fabrics that remind me of the people who gave them to me, and fabrics from quilts that I've made for other people.

Then I spent the day sitting on a too-small floor space. Ow.

(I had a picture of that, but Blogger keeps rotating it which is, quite frankly, bizarre. And it also throws it a bit out of focus. Weird.)

I tore a 1-inch strip from each (well most) of the fabrics. Turns out that what I want to do with them limits the total quantity a bit, so some of them were left out.


I also pieced a simple background and got it ready to quilt.


I'll quilt the background in the morning, then add the strips.

Tune in tomorrow to see what the heck I'm talking about!

3 comments:

Jennifer July 27, 2008 2:28 PM  

I'm not about to stop ya, Ralph ;)

The Cunning Runt July 27, 2008 2:31 PM  

This whole process boggles my little mind, while you seem to just whip 'em out one after the other.

I'm totally in awe of you for this!  [blushes]

Jennifer July 27, 2008 2:32 PM  

Awww, thanks R. And? I'm working on it right now. Wait till you see the rest of it.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP