Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Reflections on a bottled beverage

I almost never do this, but today I bought a bottled "flavored water" beverage to go with my lunch.

I'm not opposed to bottled beverages in principle, but it's hard to find a straight sugar-sweetened version anymore. They're all low-cal, and that means artificial sweeteners. I'm afraid of NutraSweet and suspicious of the other ones, so I usually just skip that whole class of beverages.

Anyway, I found myself in need of a lunch today and stopped at Bagelman's to get a chutney turkey peanut wrap...and a drink to go with it.

So I'm sitting here drinking this Grapefruit Bliss stuff, and reading the bottle.

The self-congratulatory verbiage on the back starts out 0 Calories - Yes, yes. I know. I bought it anyway. Then they claim Thousands of Smiles which, now that I translate it I realize must have been written in English originally, since it sounds a lot better that way. Anyway. The third little raindrop delivers the best news of all: Good source of ...wait for it... hydration.

Wow! This stuff delivers hydration! Unlike, you know, every single other beverage in the world.

**Eyeroll**

3 comments:

Steve July 01, 2008 5:11 PM  

still missing a book report :)

FriĆ°vin July 03, 2008 6:30 PM  

I'm not a fan of sweeteners for sure.

Water should taste like water.

Juice should taste like juice.

And diet stuff tastes like shit, is bad for you, and causes headaches.

The Cunning Runt July 03, 2008 9:42 PM  

That's so sweet, kona! Glad you approve!

As for me...

what he said.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP