Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tree of life

So yesterday I had a bunch of fabric strips, and a pieced background.


Today I started by quilting the background:


Then I began twisting and wrapping my strips into roots. Twist ties are your friends!


Uncharacteristically, I had to sew that down by hand. Normally, it's all machine all the time.


Once the roots were more or less figured out, I began arranging the branches.


And this is what it looks like now. I'm not completely sure I'm going to keep the branches like this, but it's likely. I'll have to sleep on it to be sure. I'll trim up the root ends a bit, but they will be left hanging, more or less like they are here.


Now I just have to get it all sewn down, bound, and a hanging sleeve on the back before the deadline. Also have to find out when the deadline is...

4 comments:

Anonymous July 27, 2008 9:10 PM  

Jennifer - Oh my goodness! That is gorgeous!

juliloquy July 28, 2008 11:32 AM  

love it love it

Anonymous July 29, 2008 3:15 PM  

Looks like a winner to me...proving yet again that you are AMAZING!
Oh, and can I tell you that I did some more machine quilting when I got home and I'm getting braver each time. Thanks for the support.

Freida Bee August 02, 2008 12:44 PM  

Oh wow! I love love that round stitching. My mother-in-law is a majot quilter. I may show her that. It's very cool. And, I like the tree as well.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP