Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kaleidoscope Revisited

I blogged the making of this quilt back in May but I don't think I ever posted a decent photo of the whole thing.

I needed to link to a picture of it for this afternoon's Question of the Day at Shakesville, and also needed a post for today, so...here it is again.


It's a traditional quilt pattern called Kaleidoscope, but I messed with the color placement and stuff (obviously), so the quilt is titled Organic Kaleidoscope.

It was made for a Costa Rica/Hawaii quilt show where the theme was "Two Tropics, One Quilt" - pretty broad topic, right? So I used the traditional block pattern but went tropical with my interpretation of it.

You'd think, since I identify it as my favorite piece of art, that I would actually hang it somewhere other than over the banister, right? Maybe in the morning.

(Oh, and those are six-inch blocks, so the whole thing measures about 42" x 54".)

4 comments:

katecontinued February 14, 2008 9:30 PM  

That quilt is spectacular. I just love it. You have a real eye - and obvious talent with the needle. I am grinning and applauding.

Anonymous February 15, 2008 1:04 AM  

hi, jen! you stopped by my place, which meant i owed you a click!

i LOVE quilting...but i don't have the patience to do so...by the time i cut out all those teeny tiny pieces i am ready to move on to something else...i think if they would give me the pieces i might actually finish one one day...i did a cool one a while back but there were larger, fewer pieces...

shorter me: i love this quilt! it's beautimus!

angryyoungwoman February 15, 2008 2:35 AM  

That is beautiful!!!

FriĆ°vin February 16, 2008 12:16 PM  

That is the most amazing thing I've seen in awhile. I want to come back and look at it tonight after a few tequila shots and a truffle.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP