Friday, February 01, 2008

Welcome home snippets

Smiling indulgently at the insane drivers. (Turn signals? Whatever for?)

Breaking out at actual giggles when passing a cow standing placidly in the middle of the street. In town.

Hearing a squirrel on the roof. Big, honkin' squirrel, sounds like. Looking out window to check. That's no squirrel. That's my neighbor's chicken.


Finding out that work was done on the car while I was away: new clutch, brake work, something in the suspension, new boot, etc. Total cost: about $200.

Stopping by the mechanic because of a new squeaking sound in the suspension. He rides around the block with us, hears the sound. Gets out, rocks the car with his hands, listening. Opens the hood, listens some more. Greases the hood latch, sends me on my way.

Taking a walk around the block with Robin (around the block being just shy of two miles in our neighborhood).





5 comments:

splord February 01, 2008 2:14 PM  

Ya gotta love a place that has cows "downtown".

Watch out for them squirrel/chickens, though. They's nasty varmints!

A. Nonny Mouse February 01, 2008 10:07 PM  

Welcome home!

Chickens are seriously bad ass, though. I was chased by a rogue rooster across my neighbor's lawn (towards my property line) after I gave some zucchini to them (I'm pretty sure the rooster WASN'T retaliating over the zucchini). The rooster decided chasing me further wasn't a good idea when it saw Domino just over the property line, chops at the ready to defend me.

The Cunning Runt February 01, 2008 10:07 PM  

That cloud picture's just gorgeous!

PortlyDyke February 02, 2008 12:47 AM  

Welcome back home, Jen -- the kids look pretty stable for such a long trip. Hope your landing is very, very soft.

Steve February 02, 2008 8:15 AM  

thankfully my neighbor keeps his chickens under control

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP