Saturday, February 09, 2008

Phy's Quilt

Those of you who read Phydeaux and Phriends will have seen this already, but for the rest of you, here is one of the two small quilts I made while in North Carolina.


Phydeaux knew about his at least part of the time I was making it, but Pidomon didn't, so I didn't want to say anything about either one until he got his.

In my usual last-minute...ness, I neglected to take photos of the finished products, so am relying on the guys to provide me with same. Phy did an admirable job with his, as you can see. Click for extreme closeup, if you are so inclined.

Pidomon says he's going to send me a picture too, but his arrived just before he left town on business, so we'll just have to wait till he's back in town for the other photo.

The two quilts are, aesthetically, very different, but they were made using the exact same method: cutting shapes from fabric, fusing them to a background, and free-motion stitching around them to finish the edges. The free motion stitching also serves to quilt the piece. They're both quite small - this one is about 12 x 16 inches.

2 comments:

Steve February 09, 2008 5:08 PM  

Did I remember to say thank you? :)

splord February 09, 2008 10:14 PM  

I wish to thank you again, as well, and say once again how much I love the quilt!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP