Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hey, Mom. A suggestion.

So according to Dad's comment on my Poetry by Numbers post, on Friday you wondered aloud, in the privacy of your own home, about what we remembered from our childhoods. Within 48 hours, and without any direct contact with either of us, you had a poem from each of your children about our experiences, impressions and sensory memories.

In case you're wondering--or think you might like to--about other things, I've taken the liberty of putting together a little list of suggestions:

  • "I wonder if Jen's car is finished acting up..."

  • "I wonder if José will win the lottery..." (For something like this, you should really go with someone who actually plays the lottery, is my thinking.)

  • "I wonder if airline prices will drop as drastically as long-distance did..."

  • "I wonder if the Bush administration will ever come to its senses..."

  • "I wonder if scientists will come up with cures for cancer, poverty and global warming, all in one week..."

No pressure or anything, but I'm just saying. If you've got the power...

(Anyone else wondering about anything?)

3 comments:

Anonymous June 25, 2006 4:45 PM  

Well, actually, it was the privacy of our car.

Great wonderings . . .

Kit June 26, 2006 12:58 PM  

Maybe if we all wonder the same thing at once it'll work with the big things too...

Sharon L. Holland June 27, 2006 8:14 PM  

Great post. Made me laugh.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP