Saturday, December 06, 2008

Settled, once and for all

I imagine life still holds a lot of mysteries when one is ten years old. Other things are discussed, resolved and dispensed with in mere moments.

We had eggs and toast for dinner just now.

True to the pattern of the past week, one of my children is elsewhere this evening, and I have a spare in for the night. Robin and her friend are discussing eggs; specifically, the chicken/egg dilemma.

Robin barely bats an eye. "The egg came first," she says.

I know my role. I ask the standard counter question: "Who laid the egg?"

"Another animal that was almost a chicken, but not quite a chicken, and it laid the egg, and when it hatched, there was the chicken. Evolution."

And there you have it.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP