Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Any of y'all from Newark?

So, as promised yesterday, today I am excited about my trip.

When I bought the tickets months ago, I picked the least expensive itinerary which, as often happens, takes me way the heck out of my way. In this case, I'll be traveling from Central America to North Carolina by way of Newark. Yeah.

But, whatever. It cost less, and that's what counts with me.

It also has very long layovers. Like, almost five hours on the way up and nearly ten on the way home.

Now that I'll be traveling without the girls, I checked to see if maybe there are earlier flights scheduled that same day, that maybe they'd let me on if I get in early enough. But in both cases, the only other flight leaves just half an hour after I'm scheduled to arrive, so the chances of making it (and of there being space even if I did) are pretty slim.

So, I don't suppose any of you are going to be in the Newark area on December 18 or January 3, are you? And fancy hanging out at the airport?

Anyone? ... Anyone? ... Bueller?

5 comments:

Steve December 10, 2008 9:09 PM  

wink at me enough and I may be able to take the train to Newark
not that far from here

juliloquy December 10, 2008 9:21 PM  

No, but our Philadelphia door is always open to you! We're not so far by train. . . . We have beer. Or coffee. Or both.

Brave Sir Robin December 11, 2008 9:35 AM  

I'll drink a beer and pour one out for my Homie . . . (Homette?)

:)

A. Nonny Mouse December 11, 2008 4:21 PM  

Alas, Rochester is nowhere near Newark. I wish it were. I would totally come and keep you company.

The Cunning Runt December 11, 2008 9:41 PM  

Sorry, Joisey might as well be Georgia to me. Though I'd get to Boston or Hartford in a heart-beat, if only to bring you a sandwich which didn't cost ten bucks!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP