Friday, December 26, 2008

And a good impression was made by all

Bob drove up to Redacted for lunch with my family this afternoon, then the two of us went on to visit his parents half an hour away.

Bob and Dad swapped packrat parent stories at lunch (with supporting anecdotes from the rest of us) and then I got to show off my madd pressed-board furniture assembly skillz for his parents, with extra points awarded for Teamwork.

But what really sealed the deal was when I successfully executed the "Is that that lady we saw before" over-the-shoulder fake-out at dinner and swiped the best bite of Bob's chocolate pie. That got me an "I knew you'd fit in with our family" from Bob's dad, and may have contributed to the subsequent earning of one (1) hand-knit dishcloth from his mom.

We're all going to get along just fine.

4 comments:

Steve December 26, 2008 8:45 PM  

you are correct
that is a heartwarming story
(and I'm assuming you stole a bit if chocolate pie for me or I take back this entire comment!)

Anonymous December 27, 2008 2:20 AM  

Isn't it so amazing that you needed to go all over the world so you could find the boy next door. ...

Anonymous December 27, 2008 3:36 PM  

Sweet! I'm glad that things are going well.

The Cunning Runt December 27, 2008 5:35 PM  

You can't begin to imagine how I'm smiling as I read this.

Or, maybe you can! :)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP