Monday, September 15, 2008

Paying attention

A few minutes ago, I was cutting up some frozen cheese (I don't want to talk about it) with a smallish knife on an unsuitable surface.

I was being careful, but also musing, as one does (Doesn't one? Or is it just me?) about what I would do if I cut myself, here alone with a sketchy cell phone.

As I was musing, I caught a stray lyric from the music playing in the other room: "The first cut is the deepest."

I decided to let the cheese thaw for a few minutes, get out a real cutting board and use an appropriate knife.

3 comments:

A. Nonny Mouse September 16, 2008 11:22 AM  

I have those kinds of musings, too. I frequently wonder what I would do if I had a girl-related emergency, being that I'm 1/2 mile from my closest neighbor (there's another house right next door, but they work during the day) and home alone. Or what if I fell down the stairs?

Sounds like you made the right choice there with the cheese, the knife and the cutting board. :)

Steve September 16, 2008 7:56 PM  

sometimes the universe does give us a heads up!

The Cunning Runt September 17, 2008 3:09 PM  

You Smart People make me dizzy.

Or maybe you just make me notice that I'm dizzy.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP