Monday, September 29, 2008

B of A can spare a dime. Several thousand dimes, in fact.

A lot of people, including some that I know, are going through a lot of hard times right now.

Sure, I'm living paycheck to paycheck and have a small loan (from the very best kind of creditors, thanks Mom & Dad!), but I'm not, fortunately, in a position to be hurt directly by the whole housing/economic meltdown business. Or, no more so than anyone else anyway.

I suppose the greater ramifications remain to be seen, but living outside the United States (I'm looking at you, socialized medicine) and working in the solar industry, I dare say I'm as safe as anyone.

I do happen to be carrying a small balance on my credit card for the first time in a very long time. And within two weeks of making that first minimum payment instead of paying off the full amount due, I was informed that my credit limit had been raised to what, after many seconds of arduous mental arithmetic, I can confidently state is at least 15 times any amount I have ever charged to any credit card, ever.

Is it just me, or does that seem like a particularly evil practice, in light of current events?

3 comments:

Steve September 29, 2008 6:01 PM  

very evil
tonight in the mail i had a live check for $1000.00 dollars all I had to do was deposit it and presto! (it went straight to the shredder)

and citi wants to give a low low APR on any new purchases

credit crisis my ass

The Cunning Runt September 29, 2008 9:44 PM  

Yes, it's as evil as it gets.

If you pay your credit cards in full when you're billed, nobody makes a killing.

But if you falter, they hammer you with long lines of credit and fast cash at exorbitant rates.

There used to be laws.

Anonymous September 30, 2008 5:35 AM  

It's not just you.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP