Monday, June 16, 2008

My new favorite thing

So every day on my way to work I pass this thing. It´s the best part of my commute. Well, the mountain views are nice too. But I digress.

When I get off the highway and I´m just minutes from the office, past (most of) the danger of traffic jams, I pass the Purple Pillar of Pointlessness.

It´s a pillar, about four stories high, maybe ten feet wide and let´s say 25 feet front to back. It is featureless, and has an attractive stucco-like finish. It does have a security camera mounted near the top and a light at street level, but both of those functions could have been fulfilled by a standard lamp post or something.

As far as I can tell, the sole purpose of this pillar is to bring a really significant amount of purple into my day.

And I approve.

5 comments:

splord June 16, 2008 6:38 PM  

A day without the proper amount of purple would be... pale.

Brave Sir Robin June 17, 2008 6:27 AM  

So did you listen to a lot of Prince music when you wee younger?

A. Nonny Mouse June 17, 2008 1:15 PM  

Hello? Picture?

I clicked through, thinking that my Google Reader must have been denying me the picture of this Pointless Pillar of Purple, but it would seem that there ... isn't a picture? Really?

Please?

Steve June 17, 2008 5:50 PM  

as do i!

Anonymous June 17, 2008 8:17 PM  

and if it brings you purple and pleasure, it's hardly pointless!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP