Saturday, June 21, 2008

*Sigh* Does this Internet café make my prose look bloated?

So, true to their word, the cable guys showed up "between 8:00 and 3:00" - ie, at 2:00.

It was actually a fairly productive morning, since in addition to waiting for their call I did the minimal cleaning that, to be honest, I almost enjoy since it´s so easy to keep up with in a 400 square-foot home, as well as some organizing that (once I clear off my bed, which is totally covered with stuff but looks worse than it is) will pretty much have doubled the usable space in my room, since I got two suitcases and a garbage bag of stuff off the floor. I also have two boxes of books to give away or trade in, and the shelves in my room look quite a bit better, if still overloaded and overcrowded.

The power went out twice, so I alternated between wishing they would hurry up and get there and wishing they would come but not just yet, and fortunately it came back before they called, so all was well. In that sense anyway.

And they came. They saw. They discussed the best way to route the cable. They called to chat with their buddies on their cell phones. And they installed.

Then they tweaked. And fiddled. And swapped out a splitter. And double-checked the connection to the street. Finally they called somebody and discovered that cable service is out in this town and two others.

So, yeah. I see how it´s going to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous June 21, 2008 7:44 PM  

Oh, Lord.

But you know, sadly, the service wouldn't be much more reliable in a supposedly "industrialized" country.

Jennifer June 21, 2008 7:48 PM  

Well, and I'm online from home now, so all's well that ends well.

My computer is doing some pretty funky things, but that'll just have to stand as a challenge for tomorrow I guess.

Brave Sir Robin June 23, 2008 7:40 AM  

That's the price of living in paradise!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP