Friday, November 11, 2005

Your Friend Jen: A portrait in simplistic online quizzes


What Kind of Food Are You?
You Are Italian Food
Comforting yet overwhelming.
People love you, but sometimes you're just too much.


Could You Pass 8th Grade Math?
Why yes, yes I could

Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!



How Scary Are You?

You Are a Little Scary

You've got a nice edge to you. Use it.

How Weird Are You?

You Are 50% Weird

Normal enough to know that you're weird...
But too damn weird to do anything about it!
(I suppose that explains a lot...)

The World's Shortest Personality Test
Your Personality Profile

You are funky, outdoorsy, and down to earth.
While you may not be a total hippie...
You're definitely one of the most free spirited people around.
You are very impulsive - every day is a new adventure.
However, you do put some thought behind all your actions.
Still, you do tend to shock and offend people from time to time!
(They got all that from a cactus?)

What's Your Hidden Talent?

You have the power to persuade and influence others.
You're the type of person who can turn a whole room around.
The potential for great leadership is there, as long as you don't abuse it.
Always remember, you have a lot more power over people than you might think!
(Consider yourself warned)

A Quick and Dirty IQ Test
(Sorta quick, not so dirty)

Your IQ Is 130


Your Logical Intelligence is Below Average
Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius
Your Mathematical Intelligence is Exceptional
Your General Knowledge is Exceptional


What Color Should Your Blog Be?

Your Blog Should Be Blue


Your blog is a peaceful, calming force in the blogosphere.
You tend to avoid conflict - you're more likely to share than rant.
From your social causes to cute pet photos, your life is a (mostly) open book.
(Unfortunately, it's the wrong color)

The Three Question Personality Test
(You too can be summed up in three 2-option multiple choice questions!)

Your Personality Is
Idealist (NF)

You are a passionate, caring, and unique person.
You are good at expressing yourself and sharing your ideals.
You are the most compassionate of all types and connect with others easily.
Your heart tends to rule you. You can't make decisions without considering feelings.
You seek out other empathetic people to befriend.
Truth and authenticity matters in your friendships.
In love, you give everything you have to relationships. You fall in love easily.
At work, you crave personal expression and meaning in your career.
With others, you communicate well. You can spend all night talking with someone.
As far as your looks go, you've likely taken the time to develop your own personal style.
On weekends, you like to be with others. Charity work is also a favorite pastime of yours.


How Machiavellian Are You?
You Are Somewhat Machiavellian

You're not going to mow over everyone to get ahead...
But you're also powerful enough to make things happen for yourself.
You understand how the world works, even when it's an ugly place.
You just don't get ugly yourself - unless you have to!


What Is Your World View?
Your World View
You are a fairly broadminded romantic and reasonably content.
You value kindness and try to live by your ideals.
You have strong need for security, which may be either emotional or material.
You respect truth and are flexible.
You like people, and they can readily make friends with you.
You are not very adventurous, but this does not bother you.

10 comments:

Anonymous November 13, 2005 8:52 PM  

We are alike on 7 out of 11. That's 64% alike.

My results:
What Kind of Food Are You? ITALIAN
Could You Pass 8th Grade Math? 9/10
How Scary Are You? NOT SCARY
How Weird Are You? 50% WEIRD
Personality Profile: I chose the blue sandy-duney one
Hidden Talent: SAME AS YOURS
Quick & Dirty IQ TEST: 130
What Color Should Your Blog Be? YELLOW
3 Question Personality Test: GUARDIAN (SJ)
How Machiavellian Are You? SOMEWHAT
Your World View: SAME AS YOURS

Anonymous November 14, 2005 10:35 AM  

P.S. On the math one...I just did it again...which one did we miss???

Anonymous November 14, 2005 5:53 PM  

Hi there Jennifer, I was just browsing, looking for symptoms of diabetes related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a symptoms of diabetes site. It covers everything about diabetes care, complications, treatment and insulin. You'll find it very informative. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

Jennifer November 14, 2005 6:59 PM  

Well, first of all: you'll be (at least a little) scary when you raise a kid. Remember that one question: "When was the last time you made somebody cry?" They didn't even have a choice for "Why, just this morning. And again two hours later. And then after lunch..."

We're in a phase.

As for the math, I had to guess on two of them. One was

-7 is:

A. Irrational
B. An integer
C. A whole number
D. A prime number


(Looking at it now, I'd say D, but I don't remember which one I put at the time.)

The other was

2, 2, 3, 4, 5
Given the above set of numbers "2" is the

A. Average
B. Mode
C. Median
D. Standard deviation


I was able to rule out one or two of the choices, and I'm pretty sure I went with D.

As for Mr./Ms. diabetes up there, I'll let the comment stay (until I change my mind) because this special spammer took the time to add my name along with the meaningless fluff about my blog being "Very nice!".

Anyway.

Anonymous November 14, 2005 9:05 PM  

Well, those were the two most troublesome ones, natch. But I was fairly comfortable with both. I put D. Prime Number for -7. Not that I remember what irrational, integer, whole and all that crap mean, but I know that prime means it can't be divided by anything except for itself and 1. Waaaaaait a minute. You could do 1 x -7 = -7 or -1 x 7 = -7. Okay, I got that one wrong. I guess maybe it's not a whole number. I think irrational is like "i" Remember "i?" I don't either, but I think it has something to do with it. And integer I think means not a fraction or decimal. And the other one, I put B. Mode. I know there's a word for the thing that shows up the most times, and it's either median or mode, and median means the middlemost number, so it has to be mode. I didn't even notice standard deviation (whatever that is, right?) until you typed it out. But still, those were the ones to miss. Hmm.

Yes, and I did think of you and the the question about when's the last time you made someone cry. Because I wondered how I could have rated less scary than you when you're so laid back and nice, and then I remembered about you being a mother. Makes sense.

As for the diabetic spammer, it wouldn't surprise me if it's something that "reads" your name from the website and generates the spam with your name included, still without actually being a person. (hi diabetic spammer, just in case I'm wrong.) But Blogger is a pretty big blogging machine, and the others I've seen have the same "About Me" format: Name, Location.

Anyway.

Jennifer November 15, 2005 9:25 AM  

Okay, I went back and tried a couple of combinations. 2 is the mode and -7 is an integer. I can't believe it's not prime though. Maybe negative numbers aren't candidates for primeitude.

I still kind of think the diabetic spam was put there by a human, but I'll probably wipe it out next time I'm in an intolerant mood anyway.

Jennifer November 15, 2005 5:34 PM  

Mom's trying to comment but hasn't quite managed it. She may yet...she did send me a link to this entry 30 seconds ago, so I know she's still trying!

Anyway, here are her results:

Citizenship: 9 of 10

Food: Italian

Math: 8 of 10 (bet you missed the same two we did...)

Scary: A little

Weird: 50%

Personality Profile:

You are elegant, withdrawn, and brilliant.
Your mind is a weapon, able to solve any puzzle.
You are also great at poking holes in arguments and common beliefs.
For you, comfort and calm are very important.
You tend to thrive on your own and shrug off most affection.
You prefer to protect your emotions and stay strong.


Hidden Talent:

Your natural talent is interpersonal relations and dealing with people.
You communicate well and are able to bring disparate groups together.
Your calming presence helps everything go more smoothly.
People crave your praise and complements.


IQ: 140

Personality: Idealist

How Machiavellian? Somewhat

World View:

You are a happy, well-balanced person who likes people and is liked by others.
You question whether many conventional views on morality are valid under all circumstances.
You are essentially a content person.
Sometimes, you consider yourself a little superior.
You are moral by your own standards.
You believe that morality is what best suits the occasion.


Not a blogger, so no answer there.

So - like mother like daughter in some ways.

Jennifer November 15, 2005 5:38 PM  

Oh, and that's five out of eleven, so Mom and I are 45% alike.

But now that we added the citizenship one, Lisa and I are down to six out of twelve for 50%.

Dad, we need your stats.

To anyone else who has read all the way down to this comment: please weigh in!

Anonymous November 16, 2005 6:20 AM  

My stats? Sorry, I'm afraid I didn't do the personality quizzes, just the citizenship one. (But since I scored a perfect 10 on that, who needs more?) Unless pressed, I'll probably wait someday when I retire and have lots of time...

Anonymous November 16, 2005 8:42 AM  

Yeah Dad, it must be rough having that computer there and never getting a chance to sit down at it.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP