Tuesday, November 15, 2005

It's baaaaack...

Remember the Body years?

My immediate family does, anyway. For a long time Robin was all about the human body and how it worked, so we were always bringing in children's books about innards.

Well, today she asked what germs look like so I got to scan the Internet for photographs of microscopic beasties and then I made my children's day.

How, you say? I'm glad you asked. I gained (momentary) supermom status by printing out an exciting surprise: they now have their very own bacteria coloring sheets!! What seven-year-old wouldn't want to color in line-drawings of Rubella, Rhinovirus, Streptococcus, Salmonella typhimurium and five other bacteria and viruses??

8 comments:

Anonymous November 16, 2005 8:58 AM  

Ah, Body Books! I remember it well.

Robin: (sigh) I wish Mojave [my cat] would die.

Me: Why?

Robin: So I could see her skeleton.

The germs, by the way, are way way cooler than I would have thought. Who knew?

Anonymous November 16, 2005 12:31 PM  

Only Robin the future Dr. would ask those questions.

Anita November 16, 2005 2:14 PM  

What a hoot! i love those!!

Anonymous November 16, 2005 3:18 PM  

I don't know whether they were age-appropriate when you had them, but you must remember the illustrations in those books about bodies at puberty - I can still see the guy on the diving board . . .

Ah well, you both turned out fine!

Mom

Anonymous November 16, 2005 3:19 PM  

I'm anonymous and I'm learning.

Anonymous November 16, 2005 3:20 PM  

So how do I get my mane up in bold? I put "mom" under "name" to no avail.

Anonymous November 16, 2005 3:21 PM  

Mane, name. These errors are why I've tended to stay off the blog.

Jennifer November 16, 2005 3:57 PM  

Well, what can I say? Welcome Mom! Seems you've got the hang of it now!

Not sure what you mean about names in bold? On my computer at least, your name shows up the same as everyone else's except Anita's up there. Hers is a link because she provided the address of her blog when leaving her comment.

As for the puberty book...those pictures are pretty much a permanent part of my psyche. But in a good way.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP