Sunday, November 27, 2005

Clearly, SONY is in bed with Oil of Olay

So I spent the night at Rita's house after her Thanksgiving party on Friday. We relaxed a lot on Saturday, did some dishes, ate some leftovers, relaxed some more. It was nice. We watched a movie on HBO (My Best Friend's Wedding, which I would have sworn to you I had seen before but which, it turns out, I had not.)

At one point Rita was busy doing something so I turned on the TV to see if anything was on. I had great luck doing that this weekend - one time a Gilmore Girls repeat was just starting and another time I got to watch the end of Friends.

This particular time, though, the WB failed me and I went looking for something else. I found the SONY channel, which was just ending a commercial break and was on its way back to its "Six pack of sitcom classics." I never really got into the classic sitcoms (The Honeymooners, Lucy, et al.), so I was just about to change the channel when the show came back on.

People, it was Frasier. Frasier. Dude, I'm 36 years old. I still say things like Dude. In public. And I remember when the character of Frasier was introduced on Cheers, long before he spun off his own show (which is surprisingly good, considering how much I disliked him on Cheers.)

"Classic sitcoms" my left fanny.

5 comments:

Jennifer November 27, 2005 2:49 PM  

Nope, not quite a nun.

So you guys, is this Pito person right? Do I need a better picture?

(I do have issues with the way this one pixelates when it gets resized. I tried cropping it to the exact size Blogger uses but it still gets weird around the eyes.)

Opinions please!

Anonymous November 27, 2005 7:51 PM  

A nun? I don't think so.

Gee, if you change the photo, Mom and I will lose our only (as far as I know) web-claim-to-fame, because we'll no longer be the background in the picture.

If Pitoperez will go to your profile and view the picture full size it'll give him a better sense of how great you look.

But, however you're pictured, we'll keep on proudly reading your literary efforts. :)

Anonymous November 28, 2005 8:30 AM  

Okay, first of all, yes, I've not been a fan of the photo. It's nice in real life, but I'm not crazy about it all cropped and pixly.

Second, I googled Blue Nun, and pito does have a wee bit of a point there.

And Dad, do you not recall Archived July 2005? Julia's birthday party? Posing for all you're worth?

Jennifer November 28, 2005 6:55 PM  

Okay, so here's the Blue Nun label, and here's the Blue Nun story.

I knew it was a wine, but I have to admit I was unaware that it was "regarded by some as totem of the kitsch and the tasteless." (And of course, my own Fambly Portrait never made me think of Blue Nun. UNTIL NOW.)

I'll see what I can do about a picture, but I know there are more of you out there - more opinions please!

(Oh, and as long as we're having us a link-fest, here's Dad's full-frontal claim to blogosphere fame, as Lisa noted. Mom's there too.)

Anonymous November 28, 2005 9:49 PM  

Oh dear! I sit corrected. (At least I'm not the only one in the picture with my mouth open...)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP