Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My new pretty

Poor Mom. She sent me some money to buy myself a Thursday the Third* present, and yesterday I found something that I wasn't looking for, but which I liked and which cost almost exactly the amount she had given me.

So I bought it, brought it home, photographed it and sent her a picture of it. But she gets her E-mail at work and the photos were filtered out. So she doesn't, after all, get to see it before everyone else.

Anyway, here's my lovely new whatever-it-is, with two handy children for scale:



* To the uninitiated: I was born on the 3rd of July, which was a Thursday that year. When the third of any given month falls on a Thursday - a couple of times a year - that makes it a special day.

5 comments:

Anonymous November 15, 2005 10:22 AM  

Okay, so what's a "pretty" - or, in this case, THIS pretty? (I do recognize the stairway and the kids. Though I can't quite figure out what Robin is doing with her hands.)

Anita November 15, 2005 11:59 AM  

THat's very sweet!

Anonymous November 15, 2005 1:11 PM  

Hey I like it...

Jennifer November 15, 2005 4:31 PM  

What is it?

I really didn't think this would be necessary, but since you ask: I believe the technical term is "ten small drawers in an asymmetrical 20-inch cabinet." (I'm going to demand a refund for that picture. 1000 words indeed.)

As for the girls: these pictures do pretty much say it all. That's what they're both like. They even managed to make my Cracker Barrel hat (bought-at, not made-of) into a reflection of their individuality.

(I only took the one shot of each of them, by the way, and my coaching was limited to "move closer to the thing" so--this time at least--editorial influence was not a factor.)

Anonymous November 16, 2005 3:26 PM  

Now that I have the hang of this, I may show up too often.

The photos are great - but the one on the carnaval ride beats them on the instant personality rating, if not cuteness.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP