Thursday, November 10, 2005

I apologize in advance

I'm back!

And I apologize for this, especially to my Arkansas ladies, who may not have thought it through when they asked for my blog address.

Ladies, you come to this page and you might get adorable pictures of my angelic children at a carnival (see below).

Then again, you might get an (ahem) "anatomically correct" picture of a giant sea creature.

Now in my defense, it's only here because it's what my husband sent to me. Love letters? We don't need no stinkin' love letters. We (apparently) exchange whale genitalia!

Anyway, I got this E-mail and I was just in one of those moods. I decided to take a few minutes to see if it was true. It was the work of mere seconds to find my way to several pages that debunk urban legends and the like. I liked the explanation and decided that if I link to it, then I don't have to actually post the photo on my own page. Everybody wins!

So here you go. If your curiosity has been piqued by the foregoing, click below. Dad, you're going to love the summary at the bottom (but read the main text first). I swear it had me going like Celeste and Nena. (Ha ha! Inside joke! Everyone who wasn't at the retreat will just have to wonder who Celeste and Nena are, and what happens when they get going...)

Don't Drink the Sea Water - Netlore Archive

(Oh, and Scott? I suspect I've got your attention by now. What's the best way to deal with sloping, shady ground that gets trampled regularly by dogs and on which no grass will grow? The rain turns it to mud and it ends up right in my entryway...I'm thinking maybe by carving it into a couple of terraces?)

1 comments:

Anonymous November 12, 2005 3:42 PM  

Well sloping,shade and dogs? Well let me look in my bag of tricks and see what I can find........ Oh here it is.. Oh this is an easy fix. Cut the trees, Level the ground and get rid of the dogs. Ok that won't work. The terraces would work well. Then plant a ground cover like a vine or something, look around the hood and see what grows in the shade. The only grass that I could find that grows in the shade and in a warm climate is St. Augustine. It grows fast and has a fair wear resistance. The dogs are going to be an on going problem. You see it is thier how should I say this.. it is thier waste that causes the problem. There are some ways to handle that to but this is a blog and I don't have room for paper. I would be happy to do some reseach if want E-mail Lisa or me I look up and see what I can find
Scott

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP