Monday, September 21, 2009

Yes, it's about the car again. I'll try to come up with a better topic tomorrow.

Fifty bucks later, we're back in business.


So, the mechanics made no move to cover the repair in conjunction with the work they've done previously but, to be fair, I could see from what they did and the parts they replaced that it was really a separate issue. And now it's fixed.

I still have a month to get the car reinspected, so I probably won't try to cram it in this week - there's a trade fair at the beach this Saturday, so I'll be out of town and working much of the weekend.

I'm really glad the repair was of the hour-and-a-half and not the day-and-a-half sort, because coordinating car repairs while out of town (and Bob'll be needing it to get to work) would have been pretty headachy.

And the final reason to be glad they were able to go ahead and repair it today: Whether it was the inspection guy under the car, the inspection process itself, or simple coincidence, whatever unleashed this leak, did so decisively; the brake light was on the minute I pulled out of the inspection bay, and the thing went through a half a bottle of brake fluid in a 24 hour period. If they couldn't have fixed it today, we'd have been adding fluid every time we drove it until they could.

1 comments:

Steve September 22, 2009 6:03 PM  

on my taplop screen all i saw was "Fifty bucks later, we're back in business." and my mind whirled for a second!

glad the car is not bankrupting ya

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP