Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Why people should give me stuff: An object lesson

About four months ago, I mentioned in passing that I had used my friend's Electric Quilt software to hash out an idea I had - which turned out to be the beginning of the Kaleidoscope quilt.

Erin immediately responded by offering to give me a brand new copy of the software, which she had bought but never used. I wanted to accept her offer, but I also know how much EQ is worth, and it's not like she was just sending over a book she'd finished reading (which, for that matter, she's also done), so I offered to make her a baby quilt in exchange.

Of course, you don't give a newborn a brand new quilt without sending something along for the big sister, so I made two quilts - same pattern, different colors. And yes, I used EQ extensively when trying to decide what colors to use and how to lay them out.

I've been waiting to show you the pictures until after Erin got the quilts, and today she did, so here they are.








7 comments:

Anonymous August 28, 2007 7:47 PM  

I may not know quilts but I know what I like.
Those look awesome
Perhaps you can make a monkey quilt for me? :)

A. Nonny Mouse August 29, 2007 10:28 AM  

They are wonderful! Lucy played and kicked on her quilt last night for a long time and Emily dragged hers around the house with her.

Thanks again, Jennifer!

I will work on getting the pictures of the girls with their quilts in a more email friendly format this afternoon.

Anonymous August 29, 2007 11:07 AM  

Wow, I want one! They are magnificent. You do great work.

Lainey-Paney August 29, 2007 2:57 PM  

they're beautiful!

Jeanette Lewis August 30, 2007 1:52 PM  

You've got some mad skillz, girl. Those are wonderful, great job!

Anonymous September 02, 2007 9:21 PM  

Jennifer, they're gorgeous. I've been slowly reading through bits of your blog. Nice to catch up with your life, and see your work. (And family, of course, but this was about the quilts.)

theotherbear September 11, 2007 5:43 AM  

I love the pink one especially!
What a fabulous gift.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP