Saturday, August 25, 2007

My own personal shopper

Julia gets out at noon on Fridays, and when I picked her up yesterday her teacher said she'd had an especially good day, concentrating unwaveringly on her task (it was math) and wanting to continue with the next section even after finishing what she had been asked to do for that day. The words "Montessori poster child" were in fact spoken, although I acknowledge that it may possibly have been me that phrased it that way.

I didn't have anything pressing to go home and do so I took her to the ice cream place across the street before we went home. I finished my cone before she did, so we walked over to the park while she got through hers. Then of course she had to play on the playground for a few minutes, and then I decided to go across the street to the thrift store to see about some pants for her, and maybe a t-shirt for myself in the style I've come to prefer.

We found the pants and then she was happy playing with the stuffed animals while I looked through the shirts. I found a couple that might work, as well as a sports bra that might have had enough coverage to wear as a shirt in its own right at the gym. I called Julia and she came with me into the dressing room. She didn't have much to say about the two t-shirts I tried on, but she was really drawn to the sportswear.

"It looks really good on you Mommy."

"It fits you really well."

"You should get that one."

I wasn't sure if it would provide the kind of support I need for aerobics classes, so I gave an experimental little bounce.

"And it's flexible!!"

And back onto the rack it went.

5 comments:

theotherbear August 26, 2007 4:36 PM  

HAHAHAHAHA!
Love it :)

Anonymous August 26, 2007 5:55 PM  

LOL :) Now I understand the sports bra comments

juliloquy August 27, 2007 10:58 AM  

Ha ha, the wisdom of children. Was she sad that you put it back and did you have to explain why?

deedee August 27, 2007 1:24 PM  

LOL! That conjured up a very funny image!!!

Anonymous August 28, 2007 12:15 AM  

Out of the mouths of babes! Why does she even know the word "flexible"?????

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP