Saturday, August 04, 2007

Guess what wears its age well?

Last night when Alex finished working he turned on the television, as is his wont. I went ahead and shut down the computer and went to join him.

He was flipping channels, as is his wont, and had alighted, fleetingly, on something that looked familiar. The Spanish dubbing makes it hard to figure out right away, but after a minute I realized it was The Gods Must Be Crazy.

At first I was apprehensive. I enjoyed it so much when I first saw it......wait for it......twenty five years ago, but...well, I was wondering if maybe I've changed a little since then; matured, perhaps, or at least developed more sophisticated taste.

Nope. It's still funny.

Would have been better in English, of course, but still.

Has it been 25 years since you last saw it? Go rent it. It's still fun. Find a friend who enjoys slapstick, or at least visual humor, and give it a watch. If it weren't for the schoolchildren being kidnapped at gunpoint, I'd show it to the kids. They'd love it. You know, but for the automatic weapons.

3 comments:

Anonymous August 05, 2007 1:08 PM  

Visual slapstick. Yup.

One of the things I've realized since I've been hanging with blind people is how dependant we visually unimpaired people are on visual humour. Blind people are wickedly funny, verbally. I have concluded that it takes more sophistication to be uproariously hilarious solely verbally. We miss out on a lot, we sighted people.

Anonymous August 05, 2007 6:49 PM  

Saw it 25 years ago. I watched it with my brother who shares my sense of humor and we loved it. I've been tempted to watch it again because I keep seeing it around. I think I will.

Anonymous August 05, 2007 7:24 PM  

Thanks for making me feel even older LOL
I saw it in the theatre and loved it. None of my freinds understood it though

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP