Monday, August 06, 2007

What is WRONG with people?

I have been made aware of a situation where I may be able to offer some help to a child who needs it.

That's great. I've done something similar before and while there have been people who have said they wouldn't have gotten involved, for me it was nothing but rewarding.

Anyway.

Everyone with whom I have been in contact has the best of intentions and is working to help this child. They know I'm here and willing to help as well, but days have gone by and nothing has happened...in part because last Thursday was a holiday.

Can you imagine?

No matter how complicated the situation--and it does sound complicated--the first step is a no-brainer: Remove the child from the crisis situation. I don't know how long they've been working on it, but I was first contacted almost a week ago.

This child needs help right now, but progress can only be made through official channels and during business hours.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

(I should probably clarify that the title of this post refers to the people responsible for the situation in the first place, not the ones currently trying to help.)

2 comments:

Anonymous August 08, 2007 11:50 AM  

Bureaucracies -- GRRRR!

Keep us posted on how this turns out. Children in need should *not* have to wait for sticky wheels to turn!

Scruffy Mummy August 12, 2007 2:13 PM  

So stressful and frustrustating. Take care of yourself as well.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP