Thursday, May 24, 2007

Routine maintenance

When Twitter is down, they put up a picture of a kitty sticking its paw into an open CPU, with the words Some cat is working on the Twitter server. Thank you for your patience! This happens frequently.

For the first time I've seen since using Bloglines, I got a picture of a shrugging plumber with the message Hi, I'm the Bloglines Plumber. Bloglines is down for a little fixer upper. We will be back shortly. Bloglines will be all better when I'm done with it. Thanks, The Bloglines Plumber

I'm glad that the Internet refuses to conform to stuffy "professional" formality when there's no benefit to doing so.

If my service is down, I know qualified technicians are working to get it back up. Hearing about it from plumbers and kitties is quirky and unprofessional, and I prefer it that way.

0 comments:

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP