Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Leaving for the airport in 12 hours

I'm feeling pretty on top of things.

I've confirmed my flight & picked up a decongestant because I have a slight cold. My ears are popping when I drive down the hill from my house into town. Mountainous though it is, it's still considerably lower than cruising altitude, so I'm going to do some preventative self-medicating.

I've printed out untold numbers of pages of information, one for each city or destination we're going to visit, in lieu of an actual guidebook. I have the addresses & phone numbers of alternate hotels in the various places, just in case.

I bought coffee to give to Kostis, who is taking us sailing on one of our first days, and to George the Famous Taxi driver, who is taking us to Delphi on our last day.

I forwarded all the E-mail correspondence with the different hotels to myself and put it in an online folder so I won't download it back to this computer.

I made a calendar for Alex with the girls' school schedule, who needs lunches and snacks on which days, and where I'll be each night.

Most of my stuff is ready to pack, and Julia is "helping" me by putting it all in the suitcase
at the moment.

The main thing I still need to do is print out a clean copy of the tax forms and get Alex to sign them.

(The big trip doesn't actually start until Monday, and I do have a few things to take care of once I get to the States. I need to get an international driver's license and tell my bank that it may see a couple of withdrawals in Greece & Turkey. And of course it is imperative that I go to yard sales on Saturday!)

4 comments:

Anonymous May 30, 2007 5:19 PM  

*jealous* but also very excited for you. Greece, wheee! Have a great time, I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Anonymous May 30, 2007 6:29 PM  

Just today I was thinking, "I HOPE Jennifer will want to go to yard sales on Saturday..."

Will you be needing the services of a competent chauffeur and guide??

Anonymous May 30, 2007 11:55 PM  

Hope you have a fabulous time. Looking forward to reportage and photography on your return.

juliloquy June 01, 2007 11:38 AM  

Oh, yay, Delphi! (When we were there we saw a business named "Delphi Consulting," which I thought was awesome.) Can't wait to hear all about your travels. Have a safe and amazing time!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP