Sunday, March 12, 2006

Let's not do the math

Things I am not happy about today:

1. Pee on the bathroom floor (big potty + small bodies = the occasional miss)

But hey! No pee on my bed, right? Well...

2. Cat-yakked furball on my bedroom floor AND bed (well, okay, on the sweater that was on the bed)

But hey! Bodily fluids happen. At least I had a productive day...I did my taxes ahead of time for the first time in my life! Which leads us to...

3. Looks like we owe over $1300 in Federal income tax alone (due to insufficient withholding)...I haven't even started State yet, and historically that's been higher. Plus, of course, we've never made an estimated tax payment in our lives (never having needed to before), so there's a penalty for underpayment which I don't even know how much that will be.
Things I am happy about today:
A great new word:

Robin: Are you playing cards because you're waiting for something [to upload or download] or are you just playing cards to play cards?
Me: I'm playing cards to take a break from something I was doing that didn't come out the way I wanted it to. Why?
Robin: Because I'm waitful for when I can have a chance to make the checkerboard I told you about.
Happy/Not Happy Quotient:
Childhood moments like that are supposed to be priceless, but I'm not going to lie to you. I'd be perfectly willing to let this one go for, oh, say, $1300.


2 comments:

Anonymous March 20, 2006 5:22 AM  

The checkers themselves look like pieces of sausage. Are they?

My desk looks a lot like yours, I'm afraid. At least YOU have a valid excuse. (See the smile on the girl who no longer has to be waitful.)

:)

Jennifer March 20, 2006 11:04 AM  

No, not sausages. She traced a coin and cut out her own checkers. Then she painted them and, while the paint was wet, scratched a star into one side of each one and a crown into the other.

Don't ask me how she knows this much about checkers - all I did was give her some coins to trace and when I checked back in, she was nearly done. (Well, I also found out how many squares the board was supposed to have and drew the grid for her.)

She plays surprisingly well too...I mean, I did beat her, but it took longer than I would have thought.

Oh, and one last thing - it took me a few days to add these pictures, but she did get to make the checkerboard almost immediately after mentioning that she was watiful.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP