Saturday, May 17, 2008

Post-Blogging: Ooops

This post, written on Monday, is backdated to Saturday. Sorry, Blog 365 :)

I knew I was going to be out of town this weekend, and intended to post Saturday's entry before I left that morning, and pre-blog Sunday at the same time. That tidy plan, of course, rested on the assumption that I would have power on Saturday morning. Sadly, this was not the case from about 6:00 a.m. on.

Observation for the day on Saturday:

I remarked to Alex at some point earlier in the week that the nice thing about Crocs is that you can stub your toe and not hurt yourself. Walking briskly to the bus stop Saturday morning, I discovered that this, sadly, is only true in the sense that "we have electrical power" is true. Which is to say, it's generally true, but not invariably so. I hit one of Costa Rica's unrulier sidewalks and was able to keep myself from falling, but ... well, as I said. Crocs can only protect a toe from just so much stubbing.

I was on my way to catch a long-haul bus, too, so when I realized I had actually hurt my foot I was a little worried that I would end up sitting there for four hours with nothing to focus on but a sprained toe.

Fortunately, I had some ibuprofen in my bag and, even more fortunately, it turned out to be bruised, not sprained.

Fascinating, no? Well, Saturday was all about the travel. The posts for Sunday and Monday
will be considerably more interesting.

0 comments:

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP