Sunday, May 18, 2008

Post-Blogging: Closure

Alex and I met 17 years ago on a trip to a beach called Ostional. Over the years, we have been there with my parents, my sister and her husband, and the girls.

We decided that a final trip there would provide a sort of closure, so we went this weekend. It was a good thing to have done.

We laughed and we cried. We spent every single minute together, doing things both naughty and nice. We fought and we made up. And on Sunday afternoon, we lay on the bed in the cheapest cabinas in town, listened to the rain pouring down on the tin roof, and took the rings from each others' fingers.

7 comments:

Steve May 19, 2008 8:12 PM  

You and Alex and the girls are in my thoughts and prayers.

I know this is a hard time for all of you.

I send many good and positive thoughts to your island home!

theotherbear May 19, 2008 9:23 PM  

Sending good thoughts your way.

Anonymous May 20, 2008 2:09 PM  

This was very touching. I have a good sense for what you are going through and I wish you the best for all of you.

Brave Sir Robin May 20, 2008 3:52 PM  

That's hard for me to read girl.

Be happy.

Please, be happy.

Karin May 20, 2008 7:22 PM  

That's so sad and so beautiful. *hugs*

Anonymous May 20, 2008 8:14 PM  

What a peaceful yet heartbreaking post... I wish you and Alex the best of luck...

The Cunning Runt May 23, 2008 8:47 PM  

I'm hard pressed to admit that I cried so hard when I read this, it's taken me nearly a week to compose myself enough to respond.

Good luck with everything, and keep the good stuff in your heart. It wasn't for nothing, and will serve you both well if you hold it to the light.

God bless and keep you all.

Ralph

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP