Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Get your birdie fix, right here

This is one of the parents - I don't go outside by the tree very much, but when I do, they usually let me get about this close before they split and scold me from someplace safe. That's the baby's beak, just below the parent's head, and just above the stunningly baby-bird's-beak-shaped twig sticking out of the nest there.


See? Even from this angle that twig does a pretty good Baby Bird Beak impression.


I took pretty much this same picture a few days ago and you just couldn't tell the bird was even in there, because it's the exact same color as the nest. Either the bird has grown (well, I know it has) or the light or angle is better this time, so you can pretty much tell what's what in there.

0 comments:

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP