Monday, March 12, 2007

No applause, just send chocolate

Something possessed me to double check today, and it turns out that tomorrow is the two-year anniversary of my very first post, which consisted of this photo:


It's still one of my favorites. If I recall correctly, it was the last one I took (of about a dozen), back in the dark ages when you couldn't see your pictures until you downloaded them, and the camera only held about 15 at a time.

I remember that I was getting frustrated, the girls were sick of sitting still, and the hats had to be adjusted continually. But somehow I managed to come up with something silly to say and got that one last shot.

My intent was to use it for a Dear Friends holiday E-mail, which of course I never did. Then I discovered this new "Blog" thing that people were doing. I decided to give it a try, and the picture got the attention it deserved after all.

So. Happy anniversary to me! Dark chocolate please, no nuts.

(You may have noticed that my archives don't, in fact, start two years ago tomorrow, but actually show a couple of posts from 2000. I had this idea, see, that I could go back through old E-mails in my "Sent" folder [I never delete anything] and retroactively turn them into posts from when Robin was a baby. I only ended up doing two of them, but that's what that is. Maybe someday I'll add some more.)

5 comments:

A. Nonny Mouse March 12, 2007 4:50 PM  

Happy early anniversary! I love the picture of the girls - too cute!

deedee March 13, 2007 2:33 AM  

E-mail me your address and I'll send some congratulatory chocolate.
The photo is cute!

Anonymous March 13, 2007 4:43 AM  

Yeah, hard to remember back to the time when cameras didn't belong to the instant gratification group. :)

Happy Anniversary to you!

Jeanette Lewis March 13, 2007 10:21 AM  

Yay! Happy Anniversary to you!
*throwing confetti and dark chocolate* (Watch your head.)

I just passed the one year mark on my blog. It seems like it's gone really fast.

Jennifer March 14, 2007 3:08 AM  

Congratulations!

I love this picture. Your girls are beautiful.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP