Saturday, February 03, 2007

He popped in for two days between survey jobs

He said, "Do you have a needle? And tweezers? And a better light?"

I said, "Here you go. Here you go. Let me change the bulb."

He said, "Thanks."

I said, "How many splinters?"

He said, "Seven. On this finger."

I said, "Is there anything I can do to help out?"

He said, "Well, you could take a scrub brush to those jeans."

.
.
.

I said, "The jeans are better now. Clean enough to go in the laundry, anyway."

He said, "Thanks. What's the camera doing in the laundry room?"

I said, "I took a picture of the jeans before I rinsed them."

He said, "For your blog?"

I said, "Yep."

He said, "Well they weren't that bad. I cleaned off the worst of it in the river."

I said, "When you went in after the cell phone?"

He said, "Uh-huh."

I said, "Yeah, I'm still going to have to put that picture on my blog."

2 comments:

Anonymous February 04, 2007 8:06 AM  

And here I thought my son-in-law was a clean-living man.

A. Nonny Mouse February 05, 2007 11:24 AM  

Those are some dirty pants.

I never really thought about the trouble (and dirt!) a surveyor could get into while in the course of his employment. This brought it home for me. :)

When you have to clean something so that they are clean enough to be washed, that's dirty.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP