Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Come on over sometime. I'm in the book under pretty much anything you can think of.

I don't actually get a lot of people clicking into this blog from searches. The stats show lots of "unknown" referrals, which means someone typed in the address or used a bookmark rather than clicking on a link somewhere.

Then there are referrals from those blogs out there that have included me in their link lists. A few have begun to show up from Bloglines (where you can subscribe to your list of favorite blogs and then just go to one place to see which ones have updates ready for your reading pleasure. Thanks for the tip, Charlotte!) Some people get here by clicking the "Next Blog" link at the top of another Blogspot blog.

Once in a while, though, someone does a search for something and not only ends up seeing one of my entries among the search results, but also clicks on through to see the full text. Then, as a rule, leaves forthwith.

I don't even find out about all of them, because my free Sitemeter account shows me the 50 most recent referrals, but I don't think it's archived anywhere.

Anyway, all that buildup kind of makes my little search results list seem anti climactic, but here it is anyway:

  • longest hair
  • greece travel
  • flaming microwave popcorn
  • barnyard sex
The end.

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney February 28, 2007 3:45 PM  

oooh...how do you find out stuff like this?
I want to know about who is looking for stuff & finds my blog...hmmm....

:)

~L

Jennifer February 28, 2007 3:58 PM  

I use Site Meter, which is free. You can sign up here.

You do have to be able to edit your blog template to actually place it on your page, but you only have to do it once.

There may be better systems - Site Meter has some seriously annoying ads - but it's free and it's already running, so I stick with it.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP