Saturday, August 26, 2006

Viral

See, this is how stuff spreads.

I clicked on a comment left (here) by Meredith yesterday. I had just noticed there was someone visiting from France and now I know who it was!

Enjoyed her blog.

Clicked on a link about cleaning clutter caused by kids and found myself here.

Read that entry (also about cleaning) and its accompanying 40 comments, clicking on the one that sounded most like me, which landed me here.

Read that blog which, fortunately, held my interest all the way to the bottom, where I found a link to the video below. (If it doesn't display right here on the page, you can go here instead.)

I've never heard the song before or, for that matter, used a treadmill, but the video made me laugh out loud (Julia too). Turns out these guys are the actual band that sings the song, and this is how they dance and what their videos are like (although not, apparently, always with treadmills).



Of course, I'm frequently late to the party, so maybe you've already seen it (although I'm betting not, in Dad's case at least...)

6 comments:

Karin August 26, 2006 2:02 PM  

That's AMAZING!!! I'm sitting here mesmerized. I love it, even though it took me a while to figure out how they were going in different directions. "Uhhhhh... did they make the treadmills run backwards??" Apparently I need caffeine, like...now.

Jennifer August 26, 2006 4:01 PM  

Mmm, caffeine...

Julie August 26, 2006 8:50 PM  

Thanks for the comment/link to my blog. I am in total awe of your quilts. I am a quilting newbie, only having been at it for a few years but in such fits and spurts that it probably adds up to about a year. I have some on my other blog piecexpiece.blogspot.com but yours dwarf them. My husband looked at yours and said "oh, sweetie, I love you but she is way out of your league."

Best wishes!

Anonymous August 26, 2006 11:14 PM  

Because I ran out of things to look at on the internet, and because I know you like a sister, I read through the 40 comments to see if I could figure out which one you thought was most like you. I didn't get it right, but I picked Chris (deputyswife), who I clicked to discover is also a quilter. I get partial credit, right?

Anonymous August 26, 2006 11:27 PM  

Oh, and I have slowly been working up to throwing away the puzzle I got at the Goodwill that has 96 pieces missing. And after reading those comments, I'm there! Ooh! And I just made a crazy final decision on a 3-in-1 puzzle where one has 1 piece missing, and the other two each have 9 pieces missing. It is so out of here!! But normally I would put a puzzle with just one piece missing in a yardsale, or donate to goodwill. Or something. And it is Anne Geddes. But then the box is for all three, and I can't just leave one in it. And I certainly can't donate a triple puzzle with 19 pieces missing to the goodwill. Somebody would feel gypped. (spelling, anyone?) I guess I'll have to sit on this one for a little longer....

I like the video, but it sucks to be the last one in the family with dial-up. I had to read while it loaded up. :(

Jennifer August 27, 2006 8:56 AM  

Okay, you guys, now go see the blog that this Julie person mentioned - her quilts may not be as fancy as mine, but check out the activity book she made for her little girl - as far as I can tell, she did it in a day!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP