Thursday, August 07, 2008

So I guess you're going to keep asking till I tell you

They wouldn't take the quilt when I took it in to the cultural center where the show is going to be held, but not because the deadline was past. It was just that the receptionist wasn't sure she was authorized to accept the quilts - in terms of collecting the entry fee and filling out forms and whatnot.

I thought I would take it over to the other branch of the cultural center after work - where the person in charge of collecting the quilts actually works - but traffic was bad enough that I wouldn't have gotten there before closing time anyway.

So I took it to the guild meeting and the president of the guild said she would take care of it. Turns out they got far fewer entries than they had hoped for - like 16 instead of 40-some - so they were plenty happy to see another one. They were even talking about wanting additional quilts to fill out the show, but they haven't responded to my email listing what I have available at the moment, so maybe that's taken care of already.

1 comments:

Steve August 08, 2008 8:26 PM  

I admire your determination!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP