Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sunny Day

Not surprisingly, the music they play at the gym often diverges a bit from my own personal taste. Sometimes it's quite good, but a lot of the time it tends to be...a bit high in testosterone, I guess you could say.

Today I had tuned it out and was thinking about something else when something caught my ear. It was some kind of Latinized rap or hip hop or something, and so raucous that even when I stopped and paid close attention I couldn't tell what language it was in.

But I could have sworn that the pounding beat had let up for a minute and that when the melody came through, it was to the tune of "Can you tell me how to get, how to get to...."

Nah. Couldn't be.

So I'm listening intently, still unable even to pick up whether this is English, Spanish or something else, and it comes around again. Completely unintelligible words, to the unmistakable tune of "Can you tell me how to get, how to get to...." And there it was: "Sesamé Striiiiiit"

0 comments:

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP