Monday, May 29, 2006

In the name of science

Dad's having formatting issues viewing the blog - anyone else? It looks normal on my monitor, but then I use a pretty fine screen resolution, so more fits.

I suspect it has to do with the fact that two of my recent photos somehow ended up wider than standard when I uploaded them, so they poke out of the normal margins. Maybe some browsers compensate by pushing the whole thing farther down the screen, to where there's space.

Anyway, for the sake of experimentation, we'll make this a text-only post.

Umm...so what should we talk about? The car's not acting up (well, I mean of course it IS, but not enough to bother blogging about). The beach was fine. There's actually an anecdote about that...but it involves pictures, so never mind.

Here, how about some memorable quotes drawn entirely from conversations sustained during the past six hours:

Julia: ...I had it in my butt!
[Overheard just now from the kids' room. I'm pretty sure I'd rather not know.]

Julia [In car after school today]: Justin said he wanted to KISS me at school today. So we kissed, me and Justin.
Me: How did you like it?
Julia: I DIDN'T like it. It was YUCKY!!!
Me: Well, now you know.

Me: It's called a turn signal, and it's FREE.
[Spoken aloud on a pretty regular basis while driving.]

Robin: Julia? I'm like Bert and you're like Ernie.
[While watching a Sesame Street video where Bert sings the praises of the oatmeal box.]

So there you have it. And incidentally, the background on the butt business did come to light shortly thereafter, and has been resolved. No cause for alarm, but let's just say it provided an opportunity to review the ground rules regarding body cavities.

Yeah, that's what's going on in my life. Maybe I should stick with photos, yes?

6 comments:

Karin May 30, 2006 12:01 AM  

Re: picture and the words dropping off the bottom. That's what's doing it. It just means you have to post until that post goes off the bottom.

I hope your car is finally fixed!

Anonymous May 30, 2006 9:16 AM  

If it helps:

In Firefox, your blog entries & pictures start to the right of the Recent Posts/Daily Reads/Archives, and are centered between that and the right side of the parchment. Picture #6 in the last post goes out of the right margin into the wallpaper. (The dark brown 1800's parlor wallpaper, not your computer's wallpaper.)

In Explorer, there's a big blank spot to the right of Recent Posts/Daily Reads/Archives, and you scroll down past Archives, and the blog starts there, centered in the parchment. It didn't used to do that, so I guess it's because there's a wide photo and Explorer doesn't like it going out of the margins.

Anonymous June 01, 2006 6:07 PM  

Re: The Kiss, by Julia and Justin, see:

http://www.garfield.com/comics/comics_archives_strip.html?2006-ga060531

Anonymous June 01, 2006 6:07 PM  

(Garfield thing is from me. I apparently hit "Enter" before I had signed in. Just so I get credit where it's due...)

Anonymous June 10, 2006 12:27 PM  

But who is Scott...I haven't figured that out yet.

Jennifer June 11, 2006 3:07 PM  

Scott's my brother in law. But I can't find where I mentioned him - recently at least...?

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP