Sunday, May 17, 2009

If there's one thing I just adore about Alvin and the Chipmunks...

...it's that one day my children will outgrow them and life will be sweet again.



We didn't, in point of fact, have a bad day. All four of us had a very nice time up at the Monte de la Cruz, playing allovertheplaceball (no sittingdownball for anybody this time) and actually building...I believe it was meant to be a "fire"...and making hot dogs and even s'mores.

And now not only am I bound by my promise from this morning, I'm also too tired to think of an excuse or counter-offer, so I'm about to sit down and watch the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie - for the second time in 48 hours.

I think this is the first time I've ever actually taken comfort in the idea of introducing my children's children to something from my children's childhood, simply because I was, umm, privileged to experience it as an adult.

Or perhaps I was unduly affected by the comic somebody showed me yesterday.



Nah.

2 comments:

splord May 17, 2009 5:44 PM  

Well, at least the somebody has good taste in comics.

Also?

"meant to be" a fire? There was wood undergoing thermal combustion. I don't know how much more "fire" it could have been. The dogs were hot (enough so to melt the cheese), and the company was cool. :)

Steve May 18, 2009 8:35 PM  

wow I had enough time understanding that song the first time.
now I'm just confused!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP