Wednesday, June 13, 2007

LIVE Blogging - Finally some photos!

I've finally got pictures and an Internet connection at the same time! I've already been online for 3 hours, checking E-mail, dumping spam, writing to Alex & the girls for the first time on the whole trip, and getting Dad's help with some issues that came up this morning (trying to get refunds for some incorrect ferry tickets and chasing down Mom's lost prescription glasses).

Also, this computer's operating system is Windows in Turkish, and its keyboard is in Turkish as well, so it's all taking longer than usual.

But I have managed to post a very tiny sample of the photos from our first couple of days. Scroll down or click back to the previous blog entries for context and cross your fingers that I'll be able to do this again soon!

Also, if you're out there please leave a comment. Like Dad said, it's unusually quiet out there and I'd hate to think everyone is missing it!


Token Frankfurt picture:


A lot of our pictures make it look otherwise, but there were plenty of other tourists there too!


One of our favorite photos so far


Looking down from the Acropolis to the amphitheater, still in use. An opera had been performed there the night before, and a symphonic orchestra was scheduled the following day. No photography or high heels allowed...


Okay, I forget the name of this but it's up there next to the Acropolis


Athens, below the Acropolis.
(For scale, please note that I am in this photo)


Ferry to Kea


Kea - A pre-dinner stroll


The Lion of Kea


Kea - Ruins


Kea - Swimming after the ruins



And just before I go, I think I should mention that sitting here in an Internet cafe in a small town in Turkey where nobody speaks any English, and yet "My Humps" is now an actual reality to me...I actually knew all about it and declined a couple of opportunities to hear it online, but now I've heard it.

For better or for worse, it's a multicultural world out there, folks.

6 comments:

Anonymous June 13, 2007 1:27 PM  

COOL!!!!!!!!!

Robin June 13, 2007 4:23 PM  

I'm not even sure what the Turkish alphabet looks like.

Beautiful pictures so far--I love the Lion.

Anonymous June 13, 2007 6:26 PM  

"My Humps"? "MY HUMPS"?

(Yet again I'm grateful for Wikipedia.)

Out-of-it Dad

:)

theotherbear June 13, 2007 7:48 PM  

Just fantastic photos. What a trip of a lifetime!

Anonymous June 14, 2007 1:38 PM  

Thank you ladies for this trip to heaven. For a few short minutes every day I am totally with you. I can feel the sun, taste the salt water and enjoy the light breezes. I especially enjoy the ferry rides. Can you be a bit more descriptive with the food? I feel out of the loop when it's time to eat. So glad you're enjoying this trip...and the weather, is it always perfect? Of course it is, it's heaven!
Dad, you're not alone.

Anonymous June 14, 2007 2:45 PM  

I just now discovered that Mom is in the crowd scene on the Acropolis, on the extreme right, doing some fancy footwork. I didn't notice her until I enlarged the photo.

HOW ON EARTH did those ancient people get that thing erected? I mean, in the 5th Century BCE!!!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP