Wednesday, May 09, 2007

After & Before

First, an "After" picture of the front steps. They look especially good when wet. This is good, because that's how they're going to be for the next few months.

We'll need to repaint the grates; somehow they're not blending in as well as they did with the green-painted cement steps...


On to some Before pictures of the driveway project.

It took the dogs all of about 15 minutes to figure out what the freshly-delivered mountains of sand and rock were for. They like the sand better, and it's proving hard to keep that tarp in place.


Here are a couple of pictures showing why we want a driveway:



In addition to, or rather as part of, the whole driveway extravaganza, we're putting in a sidewalk up to the front steps.

Alex got tired of explaining why his vision of the sidewalk (to the right of the tree) was better than mine (to the left), so he finally said to go ahead and put it on the left. Now I just hope I was right...he's not even here to give his opinion of the layout before things get permanent.

3 comments:

Anonymous May 09, 2007 6:03 PM  

Looks like a fun project... I'd rather be working outside than finishing my finals and working at the computer....

Thanks for your help on my blogging project. I'm starting to publish the last of the posts (ten in all on the project, last four this month).

theotherbear May 09, 2007 6:19 PM  

I can't imagine the path on the other side of the tree - I think your vision was best. I wish I had a bigger garden, it does look like a fun project!

Anonymous May 10, 2007 9:02 AM  

Looks good! Nice work.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP