Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bless My Heart

So here's the latest.

I forgot to get the Sunday paper this week, so I don't know if there are any listings for exciting survey jobs - not that Alex is really free to pursue them yet, right?

But hey! No matter! Because that boy never has to apply for a job again. All he has to do (or is it me? you know what? I think it's me...) is settle in and think things are more or less ticking along smoothly, and up pops a job offer, out of the woodwork.

So close your eyes for a sec and think about it. Given our situation, what would make the most sense? What kind of job offer should the woodwork produce for us?

Nope, that's not it. Whatever you're picturing, you couldn't be farther from the truth so you can just open your eyes right now.

See, we have this surveyor friend in Canada - the smoked salmon guy? You guys probably remember. And he E-mailed to see if Alex would be interested in working with him on this mining project. No, not in Canada. In Mexico.

We won't know until we hear more whether it's even really an option - Gary has to actually get to Mexico (today) and see what's what for this next phase the project is going into. And, you know, find out about salary and all that. But Alex is totally into the idea. New country, new experience, new branch of surveying.

And, really, while I loves me some dramatics, it's okay with me. It would be three weeks on/one week off (or, Alex suggests, maybe he could work out six weeks on/two weeks off), which would be way more time at home than we've had this year. And of course the resume building, the continued income...sure, why not. Plus? I don't actually see it as all that probable yet, and if there's one thing I've learned it's not to get too worked up about anything until somebody actually starts shopping for plane tickets.

So anyway. I'll keepya posted.

4 comments:

Anonymous October 11, 2005 1:21 PM  

Ooh ooh! I can't wait to tell Scott. I love the look on his face when I say "so...Alex got a job offer..." I can hear it now. "Oh Lord, where?"

Anonymous October 11, 2005 4:46 PM  

So. HOW LONG is the "mining project" supposed to last? Are they starting to begin to survey to dig a mine? Or would it involve going deep down into Mother Earth and measuring the tunnels? Maybe it's to measure the elevator shaft to see if it's perpendicular?

Oh, and do you know WHAT mineral is being mined? (If you don't mind.)

Sounds wild!! Keep us posted...

Dad

Anonymous October 12, 2005 7:38 AM  

Dad, Dad, Dad. Bless your heart. Asking so many questions. Does it really matter how long this project lasts? Or what it entails? Or even what mineral is involved? When you KNOW good and well that Alex will end up in Brainerd, Minnesota installing plumbing at an industrial worksite? Please.

Anonymous October 12, 2005 6:42 PM  

Uh, guess you're right!

:)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP