Saturday, May 21, 2005

People who leave comments have power

Lisa mentioned she was checking out the bits of background in yesterday's photos so I took some more just for her. Nobody else look!!

Here's our most excellent living room furniture. Except when the cat leaves some truly mysterious, um, Liquid Something on the cushion and you have to empty out the SNOWFLAKE SIZED little shreds of foam rubber. Then it's the worst living room set ever. But most of the time it rules.



Here's the kitchen. Okay, I know it's hard to tell in this picture, but I'd like to point out that there are no dirty dishes in the sink. Not one. Saturdays are the best because no matter how bad it all gets, we get a fresh start when Mercedes comes.



Here's My Area (shut up). Unfortunately it DOESN'T get a fresh start on Saturdays. The fabric draped over the railing is from the parrot quilt.



Scruffy and Emily, being themselves



And Ellie, the new girl.



She's actually working out really well. She is sooooo happy to live here, and has a great time playing with Scruffy (maybe she'll eventually wear him out like he did to Emily). She just loves all of us, but she totally barks (AndBarksAndBarksAndBarksAndBarks) at people who come up to the gate or close to the fence. (That's a good thing.) And get this, she's been barking in the middle of the night sometimes when she hears other dogs in the distance or whatever. And I open the window and tell her to be quiet, and she does - can you believe it?

The only problem is that she and Scruffy treed Fifí one night (in fact, the same night as the 28 square feet) and now Fifí is less motivated to leave the building. Ever. Well, okay, she's obviously going out some of the time, but not every time. So between her and Tina I've gone through three newspapers in seven days. I really don't want to go the litter box route, because then it would be every time, and a lifetime commitment. But I can't really tell which way it's going to go yet.

1 comments:

Anonymous May 22, 2005 9:43 PM  

Yay, just for me! No peeking, Dad!

Okay, first of all, I know about the mysterious Liquid Something produced by cats. I came home to a version of it today. Not quite urine, not quite vomit...A few more steps toward the hallway cleared it up. It was either the precursor to, or the aftermath of, a giant hairball. Mixed with grass.

Now. On to the photos. Might I just say, your floor looks sparklingly clean. The Internet (not that they're peeking) might not find that notable, but I've heard stories. Of course, there's a lot to be said for glare.

Oh look--you hung your kitty in the window quilt. I totally feel like I've been there, especially now. I feel like I know the layout pretty well. But I need to see the bedrooms, and downstairs office. If they're presentable for The Internet (not that they're peeking.)

One last thing. Nice area. Tee hee.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP