Friday, May 13, 2005

Is it me? It's not just me...is it?

I just finished translating a Very Serious document by a Very Serious NGO about a Very Serious program they run at several universities (doubtless highly serious ones). Now I need you to tell me something: am I the only one who thinks they should reconsider the phrase interactive horizontal methodology? Is it just me? Have I been spending too much time on the Internet?

Most importantly, if it's not just me then should I say anything about it to the client? Tell me! What should I do? What would you do? WWJD? Click that comment link and give me your two cents...it's free!

(Actually I already made my decision, but I want some second opinions...And comments! I love comments! Only Lisa & Anita ever leave them!)

4 comments:

Anita May 14, 2005 7:57 AM  

Interactive Horizontal Methodology??? I study research methods and I have no idea what that means. Tell the client. ALso, buy them the book Simple and Direct by Jacques Barzaan. And smack people when they use the word "utilize." All it means is "use" but it sounds pretentious. I hate "utilize."

Anonymous May 14, 2005 8:09 PM  

Interactive horizontal methodology: From Webster's means: "mutual level study of organization". And that means what???? Yes, tell them. Someone needs to. And hugs to you and the girls.

Dot

Anonymous May 16, 2005 8:24 PM  

Interactive horizontal methodology? You mean, like, sexual positions?

Anonymous April 23, 2008 2:48 PM  

BWAH!!! That beats it all.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP